HOME

How to get clarity  - The Clarity Success Formula™

The success pie

The CLARITY SUCCESS EQUATIONS

1.   WHO + WHY + WHAT + HOW = SUCCESS = 100%

2.   WHO + WHY + WHAT = CLARITY = 75%

3.    CLARITY + HOW = SUCCESS = 100%

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clarity is an essential component of success. Think about success as a 4-piece pie. Each piece of the pie makes up 25%. Getting clarity makes up 75%, while the how makes up only 25%. This is the core principle behind The Clarity Success Formula which helped me get clarity to reinvent myself and launch a career as a clarity coach, corporate trainer, healthcare consultant, and motivational speaker after almost 20 years as a nuclear medicine imaging specialist and consultant. When you have clarity, you already have 75% of what you need to succeed. If you skip clarity and jump to the HOW, you’re chasing after 25%! What are the odds of succeeding with 75% gone? Want to get clarity to succeed in anything you do? Know WHO you are, WHAT you want, and WHY you want it. 

 

The same principle applies to organizations. Without clarity at the highest levels of leadership, organizations experience an identity crisis and ultimately fail if appropriate corrective action is not taken. Some organizations invest in adding more services as a solution for decreasing revenue without assessing the reasons for the failure and viability of existing services. Before adding a new service, let us help you identify the REAL reasons your organization is losing revenue. It may be time to seek clarity, realign and restrategize for maximum impact. Sometimes less is more. 

Organizational clarity is critical for growth and success.  In Moving from Control to Clarity, published by Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning, Larry Clark writes about how Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella encouraged a growth mindset and learning culture, starting with "Creating Clarity". In his book, Hit Refresh, Nadella writes that "great leaders lead by distilling the why and the what for their teams, peers, and organization, and by over-communicating to help drive alignment – not through control." Rather than create an operating plan or vision statement loaded with ambitious empty words, Clark writes that Nadella gave his employees a "practical North Star to guide their thinking and actions in the right direction, even when conditions get cloudy." Microsoft's culture of learning and innovation has resulted in phenomenal growth and expansion, ensuring it's continued success, and proof that providing CLARITY always wins over control. 

Statistical facts on how clarity affects personal and organizational success

  •  Lack of clarity is one of the top reasons individuals and organizations fail.

  • 97% of employees and executives believe a lack of clarity (alignment) within a team negatively impacts productivity. (clearcompany.com)

  • Nearly 50% of employees across all sectors currently lack role clarity in the workplace. (effectory.com)

  • Only 53% of employees report experiencing high role clarity. (effectory.com)

  • Role clarity results in 86% effectiveness, 84% intention to stay, 83% productivity, and 75% satisfaction with leadership (effectory.com)

 

  • Does your organization have clearly-defined roles (role clarity)?  

  • Is your organization among the 47% that lack role clarity?  

 

Let's have a conversation about getting you on the winning side.

 

OUR COACHING APPROACH​ 

  • AWARENESS

Self-awareness is one of the components of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and an essential characteristic of an effective leader. Knowing who you are, your strengths and weaknesses, and how to project your strengths to work in your favor are key. Knowing your weaknesses offer the opportunity for improvement. Change does not happen until you know where you are in the moment. In the awareness phase you answer the questions:

  • Who are you now?

  • Why do you want a change?

  • What is limiting you from making the change?

  • IMPACT

The impact identifies the improvements or results you want to see. This is where you answer the questions:

  • What do you want?

  • Where do you want to be?

  • What would you rather be doing? 

Visualizing where you would rather be and the benefits of getting there provide the motivation to follow through. Having clarity about the impact you want to make motivates you to take action. If you can see it, you can do it!   

  • ACTION

This is where transformation happens. Without action, there will be no transformation. Taking impactful action begins with setting SMART GOALS and requires a step-by-step strategy that guides you to your desired results.   

  • MASTERY

Once you achieve your desired results, it's time to practice and sustain the results achieved. Practice makes perfect, right? Perfection is not the goal, so strive for excellence by continuously improving the skills and habits that will help you master and sustain the results you worked so hard to achieve!